2020年8月2日日曜日

Maintain Collection No.27 Maintenance [English ver.]


Left: No.27 Right: No.28

I maintain Collection No.27 IMCO-TRIPLEX STREAMLINE 6800 on the left of the photo.
I would like to remove the rust like a scab at the bottom of the streamline.
The rust is quite solidly on the bottom of the streamline.
I don't know how far I can take it, but I will try to remove as much as I can.

First, here's a before picture.

You can see the rust from the bottom to the bottom of the streamline.
(I didn't have a decent before picture because I started working on it at random. The key rust part is not in focus... (-_-;))

This time I'm going to use a magic white powder to remove rust.

...There's no such thing. It's just citric acid. The amount is appropriate.

Dissolve the citric acid in water and bathe the Streamline in it.


I bathed for two hours, so I pulled out and applied the brass brush.

Hmmm. It's a slight drop, but not at all.

I try to do my best with various brushes and sandpaper, but I'm not there yet.


Is the rust persistent? Not enough citric acid bathing? I don't know.
I bathe again with citric acid.

This time, it was soaked overnight and half a day.
Beside the citric acid bath, the main body is soaked with "Kure 5-56".
("Kure 5-56" is a famous lubricating oil in Japan.)

Since rust removal work is not done immediately, Discard the citric acid and soak it in water.


And then I'll do my best with brushes and sandpaper again. I did my best.

Rust erosion is severe. It's like the surface of the moon, uneven with craters.
But I did my best, so you can see the word "IMCO" stamped thinly above the word "Streamline".

Once again, this Lighter will be given a citric acid bath.

This third time didn't make much sense...

Kure 5-56 Remove the rust from the soaked body with a brush or a file.

I did my best. There are some parts that are a little black.
This time I will forgive this at this level (`・ω・´)
I cleaned up the rest of the rusty areas as well.

Set the wick in the tank again. After repacking the cotton and adding oil.
Load the flint.

It may not be good enough for ordinary lighters.
I recently started trying out Flint for TRUSCO Spark Lighters.
I found a place where I was looking for a cheap unit price because there are many lighters collection.
I don't feel the hardness like Zippo. I feel that the amount of sparks is less than Ronson's Flint.

Here's a picture of the after, with the rust removed.


The place where the rust was bad is still black.
I can remove it, though. I'm like, "Scrape it off is the right thing to do! I don't think." it's a good idea. That's why I left it in place.


The ignition mechanism itself is fine. I'm reusing the old wick and cotton as is.
I was able to ignite it with no problems.

0 件のコメント: